Bill and Cathy McArthur Spring/Summer/Fall 2008: 26

    Monday, October 6, started out cool and cloudy. Cathy went to the gym. Bill did 3 crossword puzzles and stayed inside for the first part of the morning. When Cathy returned from the gym, we went to our storage area and picked up the RV. We drove home where Bill emptied the storage compartment. After lunch we drove two vehicles to Cape Camping to get some electrical work done on the RV. We were only able to drop off the RV due to a mixup where a guy at Cape Camping told Bill to drop off the RV around 1:00 PM and then expected the RV in the morning. After we returned home, we went for a walk to the canal. We received our new GPS, a Garmin Nuvi 760. Bill had a 6:30 PM meeting of the Cape May County Pollution Control Financing Authority. At the meeting, we established the date for our banquet for December 16. We viewed "Iron Man" - very good action.

    Tuesday had another chilly start. Cathy went to the gym. Bill called Cape Camping and explained what we wanted in the RV. We talked with Cape Camping on and off all day until the RV was ready at about 4:00 PM. The work was to add a heating element to our air conditioner and to add a new circuit with an outlet near the end of our bed. Cathy will be able to use this for her hair dryer and toaster oven. Bill grilled burgers for dinner. We viewed "Taxi to the Dark Side" and then watched the Presidential debate.

    Wednesday, Cathy went to the gym. Bill went for a paddle down to the canal in a rough Bay. The southwest wind was blowing pretty hard while he paddled. Bill was upset after viewing the documentary the night before and wrote a blog entry about it. After lunch, we went to the Democratic headquarters in Dennisville to get some Obama signs for our property and for some friends. After we returned home, Bill rode his bike to Cape May Point. Cathy talked with Drs. Maroldo and Young about her double vision problem. Bill did a couple more crossword puzzles and then prepared a pasta meal with a sauce of olive oil, roasted peppers, and sweet onions - yum. We viewed "8 1/2 Women", one of the strangest movies we've ever seen.

    Thursday was unseasonably warm. Cathy went to the gym, then she went to Dr. Maroldo's office to get an MRI script. When she got home, she made an appointment for Wednesday afternoon at Atlantic Imaging. After lunch, we walked for 6 miles along the Bay. We went to dinner at Louisa's, where we had a very good meal.

    Friday was another nice day. Cathy went to the gym. We got ready for company. After lunch, we took a walk to the canal while a realtor visited the house in order to prepare to show it to clients the next week. We made preparations for dinner and were ready to serve it shortly after Alex, Phil, and family arrived at about 6:40 PM. We had a fabulous swordfish dinner.

    Saturday, we drove in two cars to the soccer fields in Goshen to watch Erin play with her Garnet Valley team in a tournament. Her team won big! We all returned home for lunch; Alex, Cathy, and Bill went to the ACME on the way back. Afterward, Phil, Alex, and Erin went back to Goshen for an afternoon game which the team lost. The Stoops family went to a team party along the Bay in North Cape May. Bill and Cathy ate dinner at home and started watching football games. The other folks came back after 8:30 PM and we all watched football until various bedtimes. Bill and Phil finished viewing around 11:30 PM.

    Sunday, Erin had to play one more game in Avalon. It had been a long night for the Stoops since Garrett and Bridget were up coughing for much of the night. Erin's team lost. Bill and Bridget spent some time on the beach, playing in the sand. After lunch, the Stoops family returned to Pennsylvania. Bill and Cathy cleaned and straightened the house. Then, Cathy went to the store. We walked to Harpoon Henry's just before sunset, which was very clean and pretty. We had a good pasta meal.

        Bill and Cathy