Bill and Cathy McArthur Spring/Summer/Fall 2010: 6

   Monday, July 26, Cathy dropped Bill at the Dairy Queen in Lewes to wait for the Two Men and a Truck moving van to pick him up at 8:15 AM. The two men, Larry and Bruce, and Bill queued up for the 9:15 Ferry and headed to NJ. This trip was Bruce's first time on any kind of a boat. He picked a splendid day for it; sunny and ultra clear. When we arrived in NJ, we drove to our storage cubicle and the two men loaded the truck. We hustled back to the ferry terminal and just made the 1:00 PM boat back to Lewes. Once at our townhouse, the unpacking began. In addition to carrying in stuff from the truck, the two men transferred the living room TV downstairs and the master bedroom home theater upstairs to one of the bedrooms. We gave them one of the TVs, our old entertainment center stand, and the crib that was left upstairs. The two men did a great job on the move and were well worth the money.

   Tuesday we dropped the XTerra at Route 9 Auto at 10:00 AM to get the brakes fixed and the vehicle re-inspected for the DMV. We picked it up late in the afternoon. Bill started the day with spin, yoga, and a 6 mile run. The VW key got stuck in the ignition.

   Wednesday afternoon we completed the registration for the XTerra. Bill kayaked in the morning. We ate dinner at Irish Eyes.

   Thursday, Bill did spin, yoga, and a 4 mile run. After lunch he stopped by Dover VW and found that the O-ring on the shifter was the problem with the stuck key. Bill walked over to Best Buy and found a Samsung RV and Sony entertainment system with Blu-ray that he liked. He went over to Dave's Road Bikes and test rode the Jamis Comet tri-bike. Bill loved it and bought it with pickup slated for August 11. Don and Bern treated us to dinner at Beseme.

   Friday we went to Best Buy and wrangled a really good deal on the TV and entertainment system. We bought the new version of "Alice in Wonderland" on Blu-ray as our test viewing. The new system was awesome! We got haircuts for the Reunion.

   Saturday, we took the 10:15 AM ferry to Cape May with the XTerra loaded with gear and luggage for over a week in Cape May. We met Alex, Phil, and the Kids at Geckos for lunch. Later, we moved into our rental house at 705 Jefferson Street, across from the Southern Mansion. The house was perfect size for our two families. A huge group of McArthur Reunioners went to North Wildwood for the Sandblast races. Various folks did the 2 mile, the 4 mile, or both beach races. Bill earned two medals for the two races. We had pizza delivered from Louie's for a late dinner.

   Sunday, Bill got up early and walked around Cape May looking for a cappuccino. He finally got one when Coffee Time opened at 6:30 AM. We had a good beach day. JoAnn hosted dinner in the big rental house on Columbia Street.


        Bill and Cathy