Bill and Cathy McArthur on the Road 2011: 6

  Monday, February 14, was Valentine's Day. Bill put a photo from our wedding up on Facebook with a message of love for Cathy. Cathy went to her exercise classes. Bill went out on a five hour paddle to Rookery Bay. He brought his camera and took 133 photos on the trip. It was chilly at first, so Bill wore his shortie wetsuit. By the time he returned around 2:00 PM, it had warmed up, but Bill was still not overly warm. After Bill got a shower, we went to Office Max for some printing and to look for a card table. They didn't have any card tables, so we headed for Starbucks. We had a quinoa and frozen meal dinner and viewed the start of "The Book of Eli" - a poor combination of "Road Warrior", "The Road", and "The Postman". We went to country line dancing class. When we got back, Bill finished watching the clunker movie while Cathy read.

  Tuesday, Bill was thinking about a fishing paddle, but felt there was too much to do in addition to cooler than desired temperature and damp wetsuit. Bill worked on a video of his paddle to Rookery Bay. Cathy went to a Mardi Gras parade meeting and then drove to Golden Gate for a tutoring session with her student, Elda. Bill walked over to neighbors John and Linda's house to set up their laptop on their wireless router from Century Link. The SSID and password were on the bottom label of the router, so the job was pretty easy. After lunch, we went out looking for a card table and chairs. We went to two different Walmarts and Staples, but couldn't find what we wanted. We stopped by Starbucks on the way home. Bill walked to LVCC to meet with Primo for a tutoring session. He stopped at the bridge for Happy Hour on the way back. We had quiche for dinner and watched an episode of "Pillars of the Earth." Bill viewed "The Road Warrior" in Blu-Ray afterward.

  Wednesday was sunny, warm, and humid. Cathy went to her exercise classes. Bill did a duathlon training session:

1M walk, 1M speed walk, 5K run @ 9:15 min/mi, 40M bike @ 14.3 mph, 5M run @ 9:23 min/mi; 8:35 for last mile.

The west wind was tough on Bill for the bike leg. He was surprised at his performance in the 5 mile run. He thought he was in "survival" mode, but ran with better speed than he thought he could. After Bill stretched and showered, he ate a late lunch. We drove to the Office Max shopping center so that we could check on a card table and get Cathy a dental appointment. No card table, but Cathy got an appointment for Friday. We stopped at Starbucks on the way home. We did the computing workshop at 6:00 PM and ate tortellini afterward. We viewed an episode of "Pillars of the Earth" and then Bill watched an episode of "24." We talked with Son Bill and talked about the visit to Naples for the weekend.

  Thursday was another nice day. Bill went out early to Sunshine Ace hardware to buy a card table and chairs. Then he drove to Bass Pro Shop, 21 miles north of Naples, to buy some camping supplies. When he got back, we muddied our clothes for the Mardi Gras parade. After lunch, Bill worked on some materials for the computing workshop. Later, after a shower, Bill walked to LVCC for his tutoring session with Primo. Afterward, we drove to Roy's restaurant to make a reservation for Bill and Stacey for Sunday night. Then, we went to Blue Agave for a very ordinary Mexican meal. Bill watched a couple of episodes of "24" when we returned home.

  Friday was a very nice day. Cathy went to her exercise classes. Bill went for a 60 mile bike ride. He had a run-in with a deranged guy who claimed that Bill had "buzzed" him on his bike and laughed in his face. So the guy was determined to "dog" Bill and "buzz" him. Bill talked to the guy at length about not knowing what he was talking about. Bill hopes he won't have to report the guy to the sheriff for harassment. After lunch we finished getting ready for Son Bill, Stacey, and family, who arrived shortly after 3:00 PM. Bill, Cathy, and the kids went to the swimming pool while Son Bill and Stacey went shopping. We had takeout from Aldo's for dinner.

  Saturday was Stacey's birthday. Bill got up at 5:30 AM and was out of the house at 5:45 AM for a mile walk, a mile speed walk, and an 11 mile run @ 9:25 min/mile. When Bill got home, Son Bill went out for a 5 mile run. We all finished breakfast. The girls went to get their nails done. The boys went to the swimming pool. We ate lunch in the house. Later, we went to the zoo for a few hours. Our neighbor Bill lent his golf cart to Son Bill, Bill, and the kids for a tour around the RV Park. We had a swordfish and risotto feast for Stacey's birthday celebration. A festive cake with ice cream topped off the meal. Stacey got some nice presents, including a laptop from Son Bill. Our neighbor Tom Cox contributed his Disney World 20th Anniversary Cel to Stacey's loot.

  Sunday, Bill slept-in until after 6:00 AM before putting on the coffee and getting breakfast. Son Bill and Cathy went to the gym so that Bill could do a spin class; Cathy did the stairmaster and took a yoga class. Bill, Stacey, and the kids went to the swimming pool. Stacey and Sarah returned home first, as Billy wanted to swim some more. When we all reconvened, we drove to Tin City and had lunch on the water at Riverwalk. Afterward, the girls went shopping while the boys went to Starbucks and then to Riverview Park to watch the boats. When we all returned home, Bill finished the NY Times crossword. Jack and Sue Beatty came over to say hello. Son Bill and Stacey went out for a "date night" at Roy's Restaurant. Bill and Cathy and the kids had pizza for dinner and went over to the couples dancing at the clubhouse. The kids lasted about 30 minutes before becoming too wild to stay. We weren't back home too long before Son Bill and Stacey returned from dinner.


        Bill and Cathy