Bill and Cathy McArthur on the Road 2011: 15

  Monday, April 25, Cathy and Marianne went out for a walk before breakfast. Bill did some crossword puzzles and then stretched and did some exercises. We left at around 9:00 AM and headed back to Naples. We ate lunch at home. Cathy and our friend Marty Gross went to a theater to see "Water for Elephants." Bill was glad that he didn't go. Bud and Marty took us out to dinner at Steamers.

  Tuesday, Bill rode 60 miles on his bike, which hit at total of 2,041 miles after the ride. Cathy met with Elda at 1:30 PM for tutoring. Bill met with Primo later for his tutoring session. We had quinoa and a frozen meal for dinner.

  Wednesday, Bill ran for 5 miles in very steamy conditions. Cathy did her exercise classes and went to the gym for the last time for the season. We grilled burgers for dinner.

  Thursday, Bill took the day off from exercise. Cathy had a doctor's appointment at 10:00 AM. From there, we went to Barnes & Noble to pick up a cookbook for Primo. Then we drove to Naples Cyclery to get a pair of cleats for Bill's new cycling shoes. He worked on our excursions for the November birthday cruise and our airline reservations. We had pasta and a frozen meal for dinner.

  Friday morning started at 4:00 AM for Bill. He watched some of the festivities leading up to the royal wedding in London by default, since MSNBC had live coverage. At 5:50 AM, Bill walked over to Bud and Marty Gross's site to drive them in their car to a hospital in Ft. Myers for a procedure for Marty. Bill and Bud chatted, Bill did his two crossword puzzles, and they went to Bob Evans so Bud could eat breakfast. They arrived back at Rock Creek before lunch time. After lunch, Bill decided to brave the heat and humidity to do a duathlon practice. Bill took it easy in the heat for the 2M walk, 2M run, 20M bike, and 5K run. After a shower, Bill joined Cathy at the bridge for Happy Hour. We went out for a fabulous dinner at Bice on 5th Avenue and 3rd Street.

  Saturday, Bill went to the laundry room to wash the mattress pad. Later, we went for a walk. After lunch, we went out in the double kayak. We had a good trip down to the first lagoon of Port Royal. On the way back, we had to race with a T-storm. We won the race and got back indoors before a strong storm came through. We had quiche for dinner.

  Sunday, Bill got out before 7:30 AM for a 2 mile walk and a 10 mile run. Although it was cooler, Bill perspired a lot during the run. Cathy and our neighbor Judd went to the hospital to visit fellow Rock Creeker Joe Barnwell, who has heart problems. We spent a couple of hours cleaning the house before lunch. After lunch, Bill napped for a short time. Then we measured our door and four windows for insulation while we are gone for the summer. We went to Home Depot and had some styrofoam sheet cut. We stopped at Starbucks on the way home.

        Bill and Cathy