Bill and Cathy McArthur on the Road 2011: 14

  Monday, April 18, Bill went out on a duathlon set: 2M walk, 2M run @ 8:57 min/mile, 20M bike @ 17.2 mph, 5K run @ 8:58 min/mile, last mile @ 8:20. During the evening, we attended Jerry and Sylvia's early Cinco de Mayo party at Rock Creek. At some point, Bill discovered that Professor Don Rung from Penn State was in the park. He walked to his rig and introduced himself to Don and his wife Katie. They chatted for quite a while and then came over to our house for a tour and some more conversation. Don was the Graduate Student Coordinator in the Mathematics Department when Bill was a student there in 1966-69.

  Tuesday, Bill went out on a 12.5 mile fishing paddle. He caught and released a speckled trout. Something bit off the line and Bill had no spare lure with him. Cathy met with Elda, her tutoring student. Bill met with Primo, his student.

  Wednesday, Cathy had her classes. Bill went out on a hot and humid duathlon training set: 2M walk, 2M run, 20M bike, 5K run. We went to dinner at Back Street Cafe with our neighbor Judd Brodie. Then, the three of us went to see the play, "Blithe Spirit."

  Thursday, Cathy went to Naples Botanical Garden and to lunch at Riverwalk with some fellow Rock Creekers. Bill went out on an 18.5 mile fishing paddle out Gordon Pass and south along Keewaydin Island. He caught one fish and had three other hits. Bill met with his student, Primo.

  Friday, Cathy did her exercise classes. Bill struggled with the London Olympics website and finally ordered tickets for 2012. Then, he went out for a very windy, leaden-legged 60 mile bike ride. He had lunch, 2 Gu packs, and 3 Clif Bars before finishing the last 20 miles. We picked up take-out food at Olive Garden and went to Lou and Jerry Hale's apartment for dinner.

  Saturday, we left for Bob and Marianne's home in Belle Air Beach. We stopped at Woody's on the Manatee River on the way. Later in the afternoon, we walked the beach on Indian Shores. We went to dinner at Salt Rock. After dinner, we walked around the boardwalk and shops at John's Pass.

  Sunday was Easter Sunday. Bill went out on a 10 mile run and a 3.8 mile walk. As he was heading back to Bob and Marianne's, the other folks passed him as they came back from mass. Bill took a quick dip in the pool and then a quick shower before we had a great brunch. Bob and Bill went for a ride in the Bialas' boat. When they got back and cleaned the boat, we took another walk on the beach. We had a great salmon dinner and played Wits and Wagers after dinner.

        Bill and Cathy